Our services Contact us
Server load balancing
Improve performance by running applications across multiple servers with our load balancing service
Do high loads on your servers affect application performance? And does this damage the services you provide to your customers or business? If application performance is an issue, then you should consider server load balancing.
Business critical applications
Server load balancing is designed for business-critical applications such as production web servers or centralised enterprise applications. It improves application performance by sharing the load between several different machines. Data is mirrored on multiple servers and incoming requests are distributed according to a sophisticated rule-base designed to maximise performance and reliability in your environment. If one of your servers experiences a problem, then it is taken out of the cluster and future traffic is diverted until it comes back online.
Our consultants tailor the best solution for your applications; for existing customers, we can carry out performance testing and analysis to identify any bottlenecks and demonstrate how server load balancing can help. We can also help you calculate the return on investment (ROI) and total cost of ownership (TCO) of your solution.
Key benefits of our load balancing service
- Optimised applications: by sharing processing load across multiple servers you can improve application performance even with low-end servers;
- Additional resilience: if one server goes out of service, the remainder will take up the load;
- Shared or dedicated: we offer dedicated appliances for the most demanding environments and a cost-effective shared service for basic server load balancing;
- Application acceleration: we also provide application acceleration capabilities, including TCP optimisation, compression and caching;
- Bundled security: server load balancing also offers application firewalling and SSL offload.