Our services Contact us
Dynamic Data Centre (DDC) is TelecityGroup’s Infrastructure-as-a-Service offering – one of the key elements of cloud computing.
Through DDC, we are able to provide you with a dynamic, fully virtualised IT infrastructure environment that you can scale up and down easily, and only charge you for as much as you need.
Much more than just a virtualised server over the Internet, DDC provides enterprise-class processing power, memory resource, storage space and networking in TelecityGroup’s highly-connected, state-of-the-art data centres, together with private virtualised firewalls and load-balancers. A comprehensive portal gives you the ability to carry out key tasks such as monitoring resources and trends, along with resizing and shutting down virtual machines.
DDC allows you to combine elements of physical and virtual infrastructure to meet your specific requirements, with the ability to extend into the DDC from TelecityGroup’s colocation environment if appropriate. Alternatively, we can provide you with your own private virtualised infrastructure, completely independent of the shared DDC platform.
- Flexible: We offer short contract terms for maximum flexibility. Adding additional IT resources is straightforward and you can cross-connect into the DDC from a colocation environment in any of TelecityGroup’s data centres.
- Scalable and efficient: DDC is a highly cost-effective solution: with minimum outlay required, you only pay for what you need. Our dynamic virtual environment means that you are able to scale quickly and easily over your committed resource level, accessing additional virtualised IT resources temporarily to meet your increased demands. You can also increase your committed resource level at any time.
- Comprehensive user portal: A customer web portal provides the main interface to the DDC virtual infrastructure. It allows you to start or suspend a Virtual Machine (VM), resize VM resources, view VM resource allocation and monitor trends in CPU, memory, disk and network usage.
- Enterprise-grade platform: As an infrastructure specialist, we use enterprise-grade equipment throughout. Everything is designed to be highly available, including the storage, server, power and network, with no single points of failure.
- Secure: TelecityGroup takes security extremely seriously: all internal customer communications are protected by virtual firewalls providing perimeter security and multi-tier traffic segregation. Combined with the enhanced security features in VMware vSphere, this ensures customer isolation and peace of mind.
- Reliable: In addition to providing a highly secure environment, the VMware vSphere virtualisation platform is also designed to be extremely reliable. For example, the built in high-availability features ensure all VMs on a failed physical server migrate seamlessly onto spare physical resources.
UK data centre expansion
Flexible, advanced and efficient by design. We’ve added 21MW to Powergate, our flagship London data centre.
New 3.5MW data centre close to MediaCity now open.
3MW of customer capacity has been added to one of the world’s most connected data centres.